Thursday, September 29, 2005

NIN Drummer Hospitalized Again

Nine Inch Nails drummer Jerome Dillon has been hospitalized for the second time since the start of the band's fall tour earlier this month. According to a post from NIN leader Trent Reznor on the group's official Web site, Dillon took ill following last night's (Sept. 28) show in Sacramento.

"Bummer. Just spent the day discussing touring up through next summer, then play our asses off to the least responsive audience I can ever remember playing to," Reznor said. "I know I'm bitching but it's a s***ty feeling. As I'm walking to the bus to leave Sacramento as soon as I can, I learn Jerome is back in the hospital. I have no idea what this means."

The tour's Sept. 16 opener in San Diego was cut short after Dillon collapsed on stage. The following night's performance in Tucson, Ariz., was also postponed.

Dillon later blamed "fatigue and exhaustion" as the cause in a post on NIN.com. "I did not experience 'chest pains' but I did spend the night at the hospital for observation," he said. "I received a clean bill of health the next morning and couldn't get back on the bus fast enough."

The tour is scheduled to continue tomorrow in Oakland, Calif., but it is unclear whether Dillon will be able to perform.

source: billboard - by Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

No comments: