Saturday, October 22, 2005

Bono Suffers From “Gig Lag”


U2's Bono
Those U2 shows are an emotional business…

Bono gets so involved in his live U2 tours, that afterwards he suffers from “gig lag” – a nasty come down from the rigours of performance.

He explains: “I can’t sing in the registers I sing in. So I really have to step inside the song or else I’m not going to be able to hit some of those notes.” Intense.

“It’s not a glorious dedication to the art. It’s just a necessity. I probably think if it wasn’t that way, I might try to fake it.”

However, this level of commitment to his art does end up making him feel a bit shitty, breaking news quote him as saying:

“In a U2 show there’s a lot of different feelings you’re going through.”

“My family refers to ‘gig lag,’ where the coming down off that can be unpleasant. I am as high as a kite the day after, but the next day I can really hit a wall.” Try hitting a pillow Bono, it's much less painful.

source: gigwise

No comments: