Friday, October 28, 2005

Low Loses Bassist


Zak Sally
Low bassist Zak Sally has walked away from his band.

Sally's replacement, Matt Livingston, has already stepped in to fill his shoes. Sally's departure from the act seems amicible, and his motivations remain unclear.

"While I wish the best for Alan and Mimi (and Hollis and Cyrus), I can no longer be a member of the band," Sally said in a statement on the band's web site. "I sincerely hope that someday we can sit in the basement and make music together, but for now, there are more important things than music. Or bands.

On a personal level, I can't hope to express what the folks that have helped, supported, and listened during my 12 year tenure in Low have meant to me. This band has been my entire adult life, and I had a hell of a ride. Thanks for everything."

Low pledged to tour next year as well as begin working on the follow-up to this year's The Great Destroyer (Sub Pop)

source: aversion

No comments: