Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Pete Doherty's Manager Denies Selling 'Cocaine Kate' Film


Kate Moss
Pete Doherty's manager has denied selling the mobile phone footage of Kate Moss snorting cocaine at Babyshambles' studio.

James Mullord, who has looked after Doherty, claims that despite being accused by some of Kate Moss' associates he had nothing to do with the film.

He told the Evening Standard that he has received text messages and phone calls accusing him of "double crossing" the supermodel.

Around 14 people were in the studio at the time the pictures were taken, and Mullard believes that Miranda Davis - Clash legend Mick Jones' wife - accused him of taking the footage.
He said: "I would never have done this to Pete or Kate. I have done nothing but look after that guy for two years.

"I considered Pete the closest person on the planet other than my mother. I helped get him out of prison. I helped get him over drugs. It wasn't me.

"This has totally ruined my career working with Pete. I don't know what will happen."

Moss of course has been dropped by several fashion labels and is in rehab in America to try and beat her drug problems.

As the Independent reports, there is speculation that a Babyshambles cohort was paid £50,000 to take the footage and the same amount again upon delivery.

Again, Mullord denies this was him saying: "I have earned quite well over the past two years, but I don't have anything like £100,000 in the bank and I know if I had this video it was worth a million.

"I wouldn't have done it. I spent a couple of days in England after the story broke trying to get to the bottom of it, so I was a bit surprised when I was in Paris to find myself being accused of it."

Mullord even claims that he has since turned down a £200k offer from a tabloid to talk of his relationship with Doherty and Moss.

The saga continues…

source: gigwise_by Scott Colothan

No comments: