Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Celtic Frost Mainman Resumes Work On Solo Album


Celtic Frost
Celtic Frost frontman Tom Gabriel Fischer has posted the following message on his official blog:

"I worked on music for my solo album for the first time in many months this week. I had neither been in the frame of mind to write such material nor was there any chance to find the time to do it during this truly unique and unreservedly challenging year so far. Celtic Frost usurped anything and everything. And it will continue to do so shortly; there is so much taking place here with regard to the new Celtic Frost album.

"But in this brief moment of appropriated and utterly conceived quiescence, I sat down and listened to what I had written so far for my own album during the past few years, and I couldn't stop myself from working on it some more. It will be so endlessly dark. And even though it is something very different, it is at the same time so very closely related to Celtic Frost.

"Martin [Ain, Celtic Frost bassist] will kill me for this, for I am supposed to finish and submit my liner notes and the vast credits for the Celtic Frost album. And I am also working on some graphic design ideas with him. I am probably already very overdue, actually. And I am also supposed to hand in this month's installment of my column, for which I haven't written a single word yet.

"But my own sanity had to take priority, briefly, this once. I will be joining Martin at the studio all this week, working for CELTIC FROST again, at any rate."

As previously reported, Celtic Frost have set "Dark Matter Manifest" as the tentative title of their first album in 13 years. The culmination of some three and a half years of songwriting and recording work, the album was largely produced by the band themselves and financed by their own production company, with additional assistance from HYPOCRISY/PAIN mastermind Peter Tägtgren during the final recording and mixing sessions at Horus Sound Studio in Hanover, Germany. Negotiations with a variety of labels are currently underway, and the album is scheduled for a release in early 2006. Original Celtic Frost members Tom Gabriel Fischer (voice and guitars) and Martin Eric Ain (bass) are joined by Erol Unala (guitar) and Franco Sesa (drums). The band are now managed by Antje Lange for The A Label in Berlin, Germany.

source: blabberhmouth

No comments: